New York Chapter of American Marketing Association Changes Name, Launches New Website
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, March 22, 2017 — The New York American Marketing Association (NYAMA) ¬– the principal community for marketing professionals across all industries and disciplines in the New York area – announced today that it is changing its name to American Marketing Association New York and dropping the five-letter acronym from NYAMA to AMA New York. The name will also be implemented across the organization’s new website, www.amanewyork.org.
The changes were born out of the American Marketing Association’s (AMA) unveiling of a new brand identity that reflects the transformation of the organization and its vision for the future.
“We are proudly aligning our name to support the strength of the AMA’s leadership role in the field of marketing while responding to the growing needs of marketers in the tri-state area,” AMA New York President David Rogers, said.
The AMA New York is also inviting visitors to explore the new website, www.amanewyork.org, which showcases an improved navigation and functionality throughout and allows members to access detailed information about newer or revamped member benefits such as those listed below:
- The CMO Leadership Series is a quarterly event for senior marketing executives on how to achieve success in a rapidly changing marketplace. Attendees learn how to reach consumers using a variety of marketing strategies, while leveraging their disparate platforms and customer data.
- AMA Executive Circle is the American Marketing Association’s national network of senior marketing executives. Engage, network and share with an exclusive group of accomplished marketing professionals in a collegial atmosphere that connects top talent nationwide:
- The AMA New York Mentoring Program connects junior members with more experienced member professionals for career advice, guidance and support.
- The AMA New York Volunteer Spotlight Program recognizes outstanding volunteers for the AMA New York on a quarterly and annual basis. One winner per quarter and one annual winner are recognized.
- The Marketing Hall of Fame® was established to celebrate brilliance in marketing across all fields and industries, recognizing individuals who are making outstanding contributions to the field and inspiring a new generation of marketers. Register for the May 11, 2017 Marketing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony here.
About American Marketing Association New York (AMA New York)
The American Marketing Association New York (AMA New York) is an organization that inspires, supports and celebrates brilliance in marketing. Founded in 1931, the NYAMA is the principal community for marketing professionals across all industries and disciplines in the New York area. Offering programs, monthly events, and interaction with the chapter through volunteer activities, we provide marketers with an opportunity to increase their knowledge and reach in the marketing community. We also serve as a resource for all marketing events, activities and news in the New York and surrounding areas.