Academic Membership Benefits
Academic Membership Fosters a Culture of Academic Excellence
Academic membership facilitates the exchange of knowledge, opens networking opportunities, and provides enriching global connections to other academics and marketing professionals. Benefits include:
- AMA Journals – The AMA publishes a variety of journals and magazines specifically for academics and marketing professionals. Your membership includes a subscription to Marketing News and another specialty magazine or journal of your choice.
- Stay Informed & Publish – The AMA publishes four leading marketing journals: The Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of International Marketing, and the Journal of Public Policy & Marketing providing you with a wealth of opportunity for continued learning and publishing opportunities.
- Get a Discounted JPASS – Get access to more than 1,800 academic journals with a JPASS. AMA New York members get a 50% discount on full year access.
- Academic Resource Center (ARC) – Gain access to the portal to all things academic, with key areas such as sample syllabi, course materials, text book recommendations, research information, call for papers and more.
- Marketing Resources and Tools – Get unlimited access to our vast members-only resources which includes hundreds of the latest articles and research by topic, including white papers and best practices, plus an extensive archive, interactive templates, tools, and resources and over 100 on-demand webcasts and podcasts on the latest marketing topics.
- Expansive Networking Opportunities – Learn from the best and brightest from a broad cross-section of industries, interacting and networking with industry leaders from a selection of AMA conferences. Or roll your sleeves up and participate in an intensive, in-person, two-day session with AMA experts from our many Training Series events.
- Academic Placement – If you are a marketing academician seeking employment or looking to change positions, the AMA Academic Placement Service is the perfect place to begin your search. This is a unique job service (both online and in-person) helps you review and apply for vacancies, post your credentials online and participate in the academic job fair held every year at the Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference.
- Academic Special Interest Groups – The Academic Special Interest Groups provide opportunities for learning, sharing, networking, and other professional interchange among academic and doctoral members.
- Conferences and Training – With access to marketing practitioners, special interest group sessions, competitive papers and some of the brightest minds in the field, AMA conferences are not to be missed. AMA members receive special discounts to all AMA in-person events including the Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference and the Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference, leading forums for research, intellectual exchange, and networking with academics from around the world.
Becoming a Member Is Easy
Select the category that’s right for you.
Join Us on LinkedIn
You can join our LinkedIn Group to participate in the conversation. Follow our company page to learn the latest news from our chapter.