Marketing Hall of Fame
Baseball, Football, Hockey, Rock n’ Roll all have their Halls of Fame. These are famous institutions. Each celebrates greatness in their field with honors and festivities. Now it’s marketing’s turn. Marketers who do so much to create fame, not only for products and services but also for the football players and musicians, do nothing to recognize achievement across the field of marketing. Marketing Hall of Fame was created to celebrate the professional achievements of marketing professionals who personify “Brilliance in Marketing.”
Recognizing Innovative Marketers
As the creators of the Effies and the GreenBook, AMA New York inaugurated the Marketing Hall of Fame in accordance with our mission: to celebrate the brilliance in marketing. The Marketing Hall of Fame is dedicated to recognizing outstanding innovators in the field of marketing, and encouraging future generations of marketers to follow in their steps.
The Marketing Hall of Fame is the only award which embraces the entire marketing profession. Recognition will be given to individual marketing innovators. An open call for nominations occurs annually. The Marketing Hall of Fame Committee selects a shortlist of semi-finalists based on key criteria and after these are selected, the Marketing Hall of Fame Academy casts ballots to determine finalists. A judging panel made up of an elite group of marketing thought leaders, executives, review and vote on the finalists. The ceremony celebrating Marketing Hall of Fame inductees, held yearly in New York City, is an inspirational and educational occasion.
Marketing Hall of Fame Inductees
- Lee Clow, Chairman of TBWA\Media Arts Lab and Director of Media Arts at TBWA\Worldwide
- Seth Godin, Best-selling Business Author and Speaker
- Esther Lee, Executive Vice President and Global Chief Marketing Officer at MetLife, Inc.
- Gary Briggs, Chief Marketing Officer of Facebook
- Jon Iwata, SVP of Marketing Communications at IBM
- Jim Stengel, former Global Marketing Officer at Procter & Gamble
- Prof. Jerry Wind, Phd., Lauder Profession, Academic Director, the Wharton Fellows Program, Director, SEI Center for Advanced Studies in Management, Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School
- Bob Greenberg, Founder, Chairman/CEO at R/GA
- John Hayes, Former Chief Marketing Officer at American Express
- Al Ries, Marketing Strategist and Author
- David Aaker, Vice Chairman, Professor Emeritus, Prophet at Berkeley Haas School of Business
- Yvon Chouinard, Founder of Patagonia
- Trevor Edwards, President of Nike Brand, Nike, Inc.
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman Emeritus at Ogilvy & Mather
- Beth Comstock, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer atGeneral Electric
- Dr. Philip Kotler, S.C. Johnson & Son, Distinguished Professor of International Marketing at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Joseph V. Tripodi, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing & Commercial Officer of The Coca-Cola Company
- Marketing function within companies: CMOs, VPs of Marketing
- Agencies: advertising, branding, research etc.
- Academics, journalists and other marketing experts
Primary focus is on but not limited to the US.
- Marketing that works: Innovations that have had dramatic impact on business results
- Raising marketing’s profile: Increasing the influence of marketing: getting a seat on the board, expanding marketing’s remit to include innovation and growth strategy
- New marketing tools and approaches: Pioneers of social media, inventors of new forms of marketing research and measurement
- Developing other marketers: Through education, inspiration and specialist programs, current and the next generation
The Marketing Hall of Fame Academy
The Marketing Hall of Fame Academy is an invitation-only exclusive group of senior marketers from the corporate, agency, research, and academic worlds. The job of an Academy member is to vote on a list of the 40-50 top nominations to produce the short list of candidates. This process takes place during the wintertime.
To view the names of the Marketing Hall of Fame Academy members, please visit the Academy page.