- This event has passed.
Young Women @ Work
January 14, 2021 at 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Succeeding in the Moment: Navigating Stressful Conversations and Toxic Behaviors in the Workplace
Communication with coworkers can be difficult, especially during a pandemic that has forced many people to work remotely or under stressful conditions. Join AMA New York on Thursday, January 14th from 12-1 pm EST for Young Women @ Work to learn how to better navigate difficult conversations and respond to toxic behavior.
Jacqueline Strayer, a communication and marketing thought leader, elected officer of three global Fortune 500 companies and a graduate faculty member at NYU and Columbia, will discuss a range of situations and how to handle them now — and after the workplace starts to return to normal. Learn how to succeed in the moment!
Specifically we will discuss:
- What is conflict, its stages and the type of conflict that occurs?
- How to enter a stressful conversation, and tactics to consider
- Toxic leaders, toxic cultures and toxic employees… the types you can encounter and their implications
- The pandemic and post-pandemic organizational behavioral consequences and what they mean for us
During this session we will use personas to illustrate various behaviors and address many of the issues, situations and people we encounter.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Tactics to navigate and address different types of stressful and contentious conversations
- Emotional issues and behaviors the pandemic has created
- What behaviors you can expect post-pandemic
- The value of your EQ vs. your IQ, and how to “show up” emotionally in control
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- College intern to CEO-level staff in marketing
- Marketing and advertising employers who partner with the industry
- Young women and those who manage them
President and Founder
The Sound Advisory Group, Inc.
Jacqueline Strayer is a communication and marketing thought leader, consultant, cultural enthusiast and human rights advocate. She served as an elected officer of three global publicly traded Fortune 500 companies overseeing marketing and communications. She is a faculty member in graduate and executive programs at New York University and Columbia University. She has spent her life advancing the arts, serving on the Boards of public television and radio stations, performing arts centers, independent theatres and film festivals. Among the thousands of people from throughout the world she has interviewed on film are Heads of State, Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients, Nobel Laureates, Hall of Famers, and Pulitzer, Tony, Olivier, Golden Globe, Emmy and Oscar awardees. She writes about contemporary issues and their relationship to leadership, marketing and the public relations practice. She believes everyone has a great story to tell.
For general program related questions please email [email protected]
Event Partner: Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) New York Chapter
The WICT New York Chapter brings together professionals from over 100 cable, media and telecommunications companies in the greater New York area for programs and events which create opportunities for leadership development and professional networking. We create bold, self-empowered leaders through advocacy and leadership training.
Premier Partner: Greenbook
GreenBook is a media company that provides resources to market research, consumer insights and marketing professionals. Through resources such as IIeX Events, GRIT Reports, and other publications, webinars, the GreenBook Blog, and the GreenBook Directory, GreenBook provides the learning and inspiration insights leaders need to stay ahead of the curve.