Agency Disruption: How Will Yours Grow and Profit?
In an age of agency disruption, Marketing Week says agencies are “under attack from all sides.” How will your agency grow and prosper in today’s tumultuous environment? How can you find and grow the best clients? How can you win new business and improve your profit margin?
Marketing agencies from multinational holding companies to innovative start-up shops are dealing with serious headwinds:
1) Fragmentation: The Mad Men days of one agency of record have given way to a maddening array of multiple, overlapping specialists on many brand rosters, with lessening client loyalty or true partnership.
2) Risky, Costly, Frustrating New Business Pitches: Competitive shoot-outs aren’t cheap and the price of losing is high. And all too often, you end up winning a project assignment, not starting an ongoing relationship.
3) Agency Model Turmoil: New, nimble innovators are always out there poaching talent and clients, impacting business models, profit margins, and long-range planning.
4) Accountability: Clients are demanding metrics and for agencies to delivery measurable results in a world more driven by creative excellence than hard numbers.
5) High-Tech and Complex: Marketing has gone high-tech, with a dizzying array of choices. Agencies struggle to stay ahead of the curve.
6) In-House Trend: Clients are bringing more and more marketing services inside, leaving less for outside agencies
The secret to survival—and to thriving despite agency disruption—is and always has been with clients. Now more than ever, pitching new business and retaining good clients is the top focus for agencies that want to grow. We are hosting an exceptionally timely event May 16, the ”Upgrade’ Your Agency’s Clients’ special session.
‘Upgrade’ Your Agency’s Clients: Three Priorities for 2019
May 16, 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
WeWork 18 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
Agency Disruption Workshop
Led by Kark Sakas, who has been called the “Dr. Phil of agency owners and managers: one-part confidante, one-part ass kicker,” this event is worth your investment in time. The secret is always in the clients. This workshop will give you a three-step method to an enviable client roster as you:
- Fire terrible clients
- Attract good clients
- Grow great clients
What is your agency’s growth model? How will you improve profit margins? How will you retain clients when they realign agency rosters? AMA New York’s ‘Upgrade’ Your Agency’s Clients workshop will give you practical answers to those questions.
If you have any questions in advance, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. We will share answers here after the event.