AMA New York Is an Award-Winning Chapter: It’s a Proud Moment
By Karen McFarlane
AMA New York Chapter President
The AMA New York is an award-winning chapter. It is with great pride that I announce that AMA New York is the recipient of the Chapter Excellence Award for Membership Excellence. The CEA Awards were established in 1974 to highlight the outstanding achievements among the 75 professional chapters of the American Marketing Association that serves over 30,000 members nationwide.
In our mission to inspire, support and celebrate brilliance in marketing, we work hard to develop programs and opportunities that help New York City marketers advance their careers, build their personal brand, and enhance their professional networks. Earning the Chapter Excellence Award speaks volumes about the value we provide to members in such a diverse city of professionals, especially as a chapter nestled in the heart of the marketing capital of the world.
Here is why AMA New York is an award-winning chapter that exceeds expectations when it comes to driving membership excellence.
If you can make it here…
Career advancement has different meanings, depending on where you are in your career. Whether you are looking for your first job, transitioning, or looking to reach new heights, AMA New York helps members reach their goals.
- New York City college students can get a head start with free membership through a specialized grant and free professional membership upon graduation. They also have access to free and discounted professional development and networking events, career resources, and marketing certifications.
- Seasoned marketers collaborate with peers to problem-solve issues affecting their organization through our Executive Circle and Advisory Council programs.
- Marketers of all levels lend their talent and expertise to drive the future of marketing by getting involved in ways that map to their time, passions, and proficiencies. We also tap our academic community to create and share content across marketing disciplines.
We believe in paying it forward.
Seasoned marketing professionals have a lot to offer our organization, and we’ve created vehicles to give back.
- A robust mentoring program facilitates a transfer of knowledge between junior and senior marketers.
- Our volunteer Board of Directors consists of active leaders that drive the agenda and execute our promise.
- Volunteer committees and our Advisory Council (coming soon!) work together on special projects to engage the community and position AMA New York to become an indispensable resource for marketers nationwide.
- Recognition is part of our DNA, as evidenced by our premier annual event, The Marketing Hall of Fame, which honors the achievements of three outstanding marketers each year, and our Volunteer Spotlight Awards, which highlights exceptional volunteers.
Community engagement is paramount for our award-winning chapter.
Members tell us that the thing they want most is to connect with like-minded people. Therefore, we created different ways for members to meet new people and give back to our community.
- Our professional development events, programs, tools, and resources provide an interdisciplinary marketing curriculum focused on giving you the ideas that will grow your knowledge and advance your marketing expertise.
- In-person networking is built into every event to ensure you can connect with the people that matter most. Our new Signature Series creates content and programming that matters most to senior marketers, starting with the launch of The Future of Marketing Report, 2019 this fall.
- Members can build their personal brand by showcasing their expertise as a volunteer, speaker, blogger, sponsor, or other contribution.
As New Yorkers, you have an abundance of choices. The fact that you choose us means that the hard work and dedication of our volunteer board and committees have not gone unnoticed. Thank you to our members, volunteers, Board of Directors, and the AMA national organization for supporting and driving us to be an award-winning chapter.
If you are interested in becoming a member of AMA New York, we’d love for you to join us and get involved.